Monday, February 2, 2009

A Prayer For Those We Love

“Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well: the Lord will raise him up.” James 5: 13-15

Recently, I received some prayer requests from the widows. So here I am on my knees in God’s throne room beseeching Him on their behalf. Please join me if you can…

Here I am Father…it’s me…I’ve come to see you, spend time with you and to enjoy you. There is no one else like you…You are the most powerful being in the universe and yet you are so incredibly tender. In your eyes, I am beautiful and in my eyes you one that loves me the best. You see my potential and create opportunities for my success. You forgive me when I hurt you; and when I deserve judgment, you give me mercy instead. Our relationship is so intimate, so vulnerable and yet so safe. You long to be with me as I long to be with you. So, here I am snuggled up close to you…relaxed in the safety of your love and peace. I love to bask in the glow of your love. It warms me to the core. As I lay my head against you and let our love for each other wash over me, I want to tell you what is on my heart.

I am not here today to talk about me. Today my tears are for my friends…the other women you so tenderly love. Lord, your widows are crying…

Oh, my great healer, Jane is so very sick. AIDS and TB are wreaking havoc in her body causing her great pain and suffering. She is in desperate need of your healing. All it would take is one word from your mouth, yet I bow my will for her life to yours. Lord, she has been in and out of the hospital in the last two weeks. Her body is fighting, but she is losing her strength and she is scared that this is the end. Please go to her…comfort her…if you are leading her home, take her by the hand and show her every step of the way. Give her peace amidst her suffering. Give her relief from the constant pain. You promise to be with us always…so be with her…don’t leave her.

Oh, my Great Lover, she is not the only one who is sick. Ida is also suffering as HIV weakens and destroys her body. She is confined to her bed and wondering where you are. My great love…please go to her and shower her with love…flood your love in such a great torrent around her that she drowns in your love for her. Her medicine makes her nauseous and feverish. Lord, these new medicines she is taking are not working. They are making her feel worse. Oh, God of Justice, please stand up for her. Send someone to give her the right medicine…medicine that creates health, not destroys it.

Oh, my provider, Rosemary has been evicted from her home and has nowhere to go. You and Rosemary are so close. Your love for each other is so evident her eyes. As her great provider…her husband…open up a place for her to live…put a roof over her head. Give Suzanne discernment in finding a new place for her. I give you the glory and honor for the people who have given to the Dorcas Widows Fund, as we now have money to find her a new place to live. Thank you for allowing us the stand in the gap with her. I love being your hands and feet!

Oh, my comforter, Betty is grieving the loss of her grand daughter. Sickness came like a thief in the night and stole her away. It was so sudden. First Betty lost her own child and now she has lost her grand child. Enough is enough. She is tired of grieving and of losing the ones she loves. Lord, she wonders why…why they had to die and yet she lives? She needs you to hold her while she weeps…to give her your complete comfort. Her sadness knows no end, yet you promise to turn our mourning into dancing. Through Betty’s mourning may she experience you in a powerful way…where she feels only weakness, may you surprise her with strength…where she feels only sadness, may you surprise her with joy…where she feels only loss and loneliness, may you surprise her with friends that love her!

Oh, giver of mercy, the widows are feeling so overwhelmed with all their daily responsibilities…paying school fees, getting food for their families to eat, paying house rent, getting simple supplies to live…sometimes it all seems too much to bear and they are in desperate need of your intervention. They are so tired…can you give them even some rest from this daily stress? I humbly ask you to move any heart in your care to help these women pay school fees for their children. Where someone has plenty…move them to give it to them. I want to be like you and love like you, so move me, move those I love and move those I don’t know to meet the needs of these women.

Well, my love, as you collect my tears remember who they were for. I am curled up next to you begging you to love these women and to move in a powerful way on their behalf. I know how powerful even one word from you mouth is…it can shake the very foundations of the earth. So, with that complete confidence in your ability to love and provide for these women, I leave these words in the palm of your hand. I love that I can trust you and believe wholly in your goodness and mercy.

Much love to my powerful warrior & my soul’s deepest lover,
Kari

No comments: